Live To Write!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MrX Freewrite #3

5 posters

Go down

MrX Freewrite #3 Empty MrX Freewrite #3

Post  MrX Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Freewrite #3

Autonomous: not subject to control from outside; independent

This word has a dual meaning for me. It identifies with my desire to be able to stand on my own two feet whenever I wish to and reflects my robotics background. When I hear “autonomous,” I immediately think of a robot driving around a field performing some type of sweep or choreography to obtain a goal. In high school, I had fun creating various autonomous robots, especially making them improve in accuracy.

Blast: slang word used as an expletive; an exclamation to say that something you didn't want to happen happened

I often use this word as an exclamation whenever something hilariously goes wrong. The line is usually “Blast, foiled again…” or something along those lines.

Ghando (gawn-dough): Gujarati word meaning crazy/idiot

My mother and father would call me this when I was a young child. They would say it in a teasing, kind manner. I would always be the hyper child running around everywhere, breaking things, and enjoying being a kid. The nickname stuck for a while until I began to study hard and focus in school.

Last edited by MrX on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

MrX

Back to top Go down

MrX Freewrite #3 Empty Re: MrX Freewrite #3

Post  Patrick Varin Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:38 am

The word autonomous has the same connotation for me. I thought that was hilarious , only for FIRSTies I guess.

Patrick Varin

Back to top Go down

Post  cbehling Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

Though autonomous is a great word, and obviously has a very important meaning to you, I really like the third one. Ghando. I had a similar nickname as a kid. Except mine wasn't in Guajarati. Ghando also sounds pretty awesome to say. And did you really drop that nickname entirely, or is it something that just pops out at times?

cbehling

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

Where is Guadjarati from? Intriguing.

I didn't see where you were going with any of these. It's always interesting when you get alternate definitions. Didn't expect to end up so off base in my expectation of what was to come just in defining three words.

Admin
Admin

https://live2write.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jxl33 Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:43 am

Same for me with autonomous, I remember last year during autonomous mode our robot zipped across the field and crashed straight into the wall. It got praised for being the fastest robot in the competition...unfortunately our kicker broke during the impact.

jxl33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down