Live To Write!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEit Freewrite 3

2 posters

Go down

LEit Freewrite 3 Empty LEit Freewrite 3

Post  LEit Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 am

Control- to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command.

Alt- either of two keys on a PC keyboard that is held down while pressing another key, as to perform a specific operation or type a special character.

Delete- to strike out or remove; cancel; erase; expunge.

At the time, I was having a bit of computer trouble where my computer froze while doing things and it was really annoying. This key combination helped me overcome my computer’s troubles and achieve victory. When the words are actually defined, it makes you think about what the names of those keys actually mean. The control key shows your domination over the computer and allows you to give commands with key combinations. The alt key is short for alternate, and provides a number of extra commands when used. Alternate is also “another way” so to speak, so maybe using this alternate key actually does find an alternative to having my computer be frozen. Delete, possibly the strongest word that could come off of a computer keyboard, provides the final key in the combination. Delete can be the bane of a paper that gets erased by accident, or it can clear your unwanted mistakes. In this case, it clears my mistake that got it frozen. Delete is the exterminator, the eliminator, the end all (except when you call in the detective squad “control z”). This key destroys my problems. For harder problems however, we can’t do it without all three together.

LEit

Back to top Go down

LEit Freewrite 3 Empty Re: LEit Freewrite 3

Post  MaryShelley Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

very nice reasoning, a carefully composed paragraph

MaryShelley

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum