Live To Write!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FreeWrite3

3 posters

Go down

FreeWrite3 Empty FreeWrite3

Post  jxl33 Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Loyalty is the faithfulness to friends and family. The first time I ever learned about loyalty was probably during a movie, where a knight serves his lord. Loyalty shows that one will remain faithful to someone or something even in times of need. When people are loyal, it shows that they can be trusted. All my friends are loyal and I am loyal to them because we can call upon each other whenever we need to. For example, there was a time where I lost my wallet at a restaurant and did not realize until late at night. I called one of my friends and he immediately agreed to help me find it. No questions asked. Loyalty is something that should exist between close friends. I saw the Social Network the other day and it shows the devastating effect of friends who are not loyal to each other. They eventually end up backstabbing each other and suing each other.
Ambition is the desire to obtain a goal, usually a goal that seems unrealistic or a goal that may be hard to fulfill. Ambition is a double edged sword because it helps one stay focus and try to achieve his goal but also if the bar is set too high, then the goal might never be obtained. Ambition is usually associated with business leaders or military commanders. I like the word ambition because I thought I was pretty ambitious in high school. I wanted to not only be Track Captain but I wanted to be the first track captain in 18 years to lead the team to a City Championship title. Unfortunately, it did not happen.
Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, even considered the worst of all seven. I, however, see pride in a different light. Pride is a sense of self-respect which allows me to be confident in myself. I see it as a mechanism which does not allow me to slack off because I want to uphold my pride. It helps me stay true to myself and reminds me of the person I am. I have a lot of family pride and cultural pride. I take pride in being from Boston and I am not sure exactly why.

jxl33

Back to top Go down

FreeWrite3 Empty Re: FreeWrite3

Post  KenInGA Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:39 am

I enjoy your personal interpretations of each and the examples of how you experience them. It gives good insight in to what each word really means to you.

KenInGA

Back to top Go down

FreeWrite3 Empty Fierce

Post  LEit Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Each of these words shows a different part of you and is very good at describing it.

LEit

Back to top Go down

FreeWrite3 Empty Re: FreeWrite3

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum